Monday 31 May 2010

Up Into The Hills

I just got back from a nice week in Spain on Friday and despite it being an incredibly windy day on Sunday i needed to get back out on my bike for a ride. Prior to going away i was considering myself ready to try some more hilly terrain so i decided to head up into the foothills of the Peak District around Potts Shrigley and Bollington. It was certainly a challenging ride with some tough hills where i thought my lungs were going to explode. Still if you dig deep you can usually make it through most things and the cycle back down from the highest point provided a bit of recovery time before i turned for home on the Macclesfield Road, cycling against the biggest headwind i can remember. It really was a great feeling when i got home and although the ride was only 21 miles it was a challenging one. I will be back for more of the same soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment